Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Papa Al!

Today is Papa Al's Birthday.  We doggies love him so very much, but our family loves him even more.  He actually came to visit us just this past weekend, which we'll write more about in our next post.  

But for now, here is a top 10 for reasons why we love our Papa Al!

1). He's very funny and makes us laugh.
2). He reads us books, even if its the 3rd time in a row...
3). He lays on the ground and wrestles with us until we are tired of it and ready to move on to something else.
4). He never complains to get up early in the morning and play with us.
5). He makes fantastic pancakes.  I think Cole and Beckett each ate TWO.
6). He continues to teach his son how to be a good daddy.
7). He plays a pretty tough card game.
8). He's a godly man.  We loved it when he would call Oma & pray with us in the morning.
9). He takes us on really fast walks.  (same pace as our daddy)
10). He even gives us doggies some attention and makes us feel special too.  

Happy Birthday Papa Al! Hope your day was great!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

What a sweet entry! Hooray for fun grandpas.

Lacey said...

Dear Cole and Beck,

I heard that you like pancakes. So do I. But when I say I like pancakes, I mean I LIKE pancakes. Two is never enough for me - I eat like eight at a time. No, I'm not kidding. I'll let you watch me sometimes - okay?

Love,
London